Visit the secret coastal gems of this region. Wander the boardwalks & headlands, kayak or stand up paddle board pristine waterways & meet the local wildlife.
Pick up & Drop off: Coffs Harbour, Sawtell, Woolgoolga, Urunga, Bellingen
This experience is for people of all ages and abilities.
- We begin the day in Urunga where we take a short walk through the paperbark forest & spectacular Urunga Wetlands.
- From here we have a short drive to the famous Urunga Boardwalk, take in the incredible views over the coastline & Kalang & Bellinger Rivers all the way to the Great Dividing Range.
- It’s now time for morning tea – fresh fruit, homemade cake & a selection of teas, coffee & hot chocolate.
- A short drive to Sawtell to explore the beautiful village, headlands and estuaries. If you would like to be more adventurous you can choose to paddle a kayak* or stand-up paddle board* on the pristine Bonville Creek (*Kayak & SUP is an optional extra cost). This will take us to our lunch destination where you will be treated with a picnic lunch with a difference!
- Our next destination is the picturesque Look At Me Now Headland to meet the hundreds of kangaroos that call this place home! This is a great place to spot dolphins, sea eagles and humpback whales.
- We now take the scenic drive through the countryside passing local blueberry farms & banana plantations to Sealy Lookout’s award-winning Forest Sky Pier and take in the birds eye view of the Coffs Coast & surrounding hinterland.
Note: This tour runs during whale migrating season - June to October
Experienced local guide & driver, providing you with all the local knowledge
Meet our native wildlife Kangaroos, Koalas plus loads more.
Guided walks on paved footpaths, boardwalks & beaches
Pick up & drop off from accommodation – Urunga to Woolgoolga including Bellingen
*Choose an optional extra and explore a pristine estuary by kayak or stand up paddle board – life jackets provided. Must be booked prior to departure.
Delicious morning tea & lunch – catering for all dietary requirements.
What do you need?
- Hat & sunscreen
- Comfortable, enclosed shoes
- Water bottle
- Swimwear & towel if kayaking or SUP-ing
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this tour operate if heavy rain is predicted?
Unlike our Rainforest & Waterfall Experience, there is little shelter on this tour. If it looks like there is a lot of rain forecast we may have to cancel the tour. If this is the case you will receive a full refund or an option to reschedule.
What happens if I can't get there due to Covid?
We understand that we are all sailing through difficult waters which is why we offer a flexible cancellation policy due to any covid related travel restrictions.
Can you cater to my dietaries as I prefer to eat gluten free and am lactose intolerant?
Yes our caterer Chelsea is a wiz in the kitchen and tailoring to your needs is absolutely no problem at all.
Whats the best way to get to the Coffs Coast?
Coffs Harbour is home to an airport with daily flights from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. If travelling by car, a trip will take approximately 6 hours from Sydney and 5 hours from Brisbane. Alternatively there is also bus and train transport running daily from Sydney & Brisbane.
My wife and I had a great day out with Chelsea and Joe - we did the coastal adventure tour and had an awesome time - very professionally run with lots of activities and local info thrown - would definitely recommend adding this to your holiday plans! Next time we are in this part of NSW we will be doing one of their other tours given our experience with the Coastal Adventure.
Coastal Wildlife Adventure