Enjoy one of the most scenic drives in Australia with our expert local guides. Explore ancient Gondwana Rainforests in the World Heritage listed Dorrigo National Park with NSW Eco Pass accredited guides. Experience incredible views, waterfalls and taste locally sourced food & award winning wines.
Pick up & Drop off: Coffs Harbour, Sawtell, Woolgoolga, Urunga, Bellingen
All walks are on paved footpaths and there are different walks to suit different abilities. All ages are welcome to join the tour.
- Our friendly guides will pick you up from your accommodation and we will pass through the dairy region of the Bellinger Valley & wind our way up scenic Waterfall Way.
- At the top of the mountain you will be treated to a delicious morning tea with fresh fruit, homemade cake and a choice of teas, coffee & hot chocolate while you take in the breathtaking views over the valleys below.
- A short drive through the little township of Dorrigo & you will soon be overlooking picturesque Dangar Falls. Wander through Antarctic Beech forests as you get closer to the falls. During the warmer months we recommend you throw in your swimwear & get a different perspective of this spectacular location from behind the falls!
- The next destination, the Gondwana Rainforest in World Heritage Listed Dorrigo National Park. This ancient rainforest is simply spectacular & we have put together a flexible itinerary that allows all fitness levels an opportunity to experience it in a way that best suits your abilities. With a steeper walk to Crystal Shower Falls for the more energetic to a relaxing stroll over the elevated Walk with the Birds boardwalk, we will all end up at the same destination, the incredible SkyWalk Lookout.
- Listen to the sounds of the rainforest while enjoying an amazing picnic lunch that will add to the highlights list of this epic day!
- Take in the serenity as we wind our way back down Waterfall Way to the award-winning Raleigh Winery, where you can taste unique boutique wines, fortified wines and the famous brandy creme liqueurs as you soak in the views of the beautiful Bellinger River.
Pick up & drop off from accommodation – Urunga to Woolgoolga including Bellingen
Guided walks on paved footpaths, boardwalks & beaches
Experienced local guide & driver, providing you with all the local knowledge
Delicious morning tea & lunch – catering for all dietary requirements.
Wine tasting at Raleigh Winery
What do you need?
- Comfortable enclosed footwear
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket (winter)
- Swimwear and towel (warmer months)
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the tour depart if rain is forecasted?
Yes, we are headed to a rainforest and the region is a high rainfall area. The rainforest walk is mostly covered by a natural canopy which stops a lot of the rain but we do encourage you to bring a jacket or umbrella. Our lunch area is undercover and Dangar Falls viewing platform is right next to the carpark. Some would say visiting the rainforest on a rainy day is the best time to view it!
What if I am not staying within the area of pick up / drop off?
We recommend contacting us and we can work out an easy point where we can meet you for pick up.
Is there much walking involved?
The longest walk we do on this tour is just under 6km, however there are shorter easier walks you can do depending on what suits you best. We want everyone to be able to experience this incredible rainforest and whether you want just a short easy stroll or the 6km hike, there is something for everyone.
What happens if I can't get there due to Covid?
We understand that we are all sailing through difficult waters which is why we offer a flexible cancellation policy due to any covid related travel restrictions.
Can you cater to my dietaries as I prefer to eat gluten free and am lactose intolerant?
Yes our caterer Chelsea is a wiz in the kitchen and tailoring to your needs is absolutely no problem at all.
Whats the best way to get to the Coffs Coast?
Coffs Harbour is home to an airport with daily flights from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. If travelling by car, a trip will take approximately 6 hours from Sydney and 5 hours from Brisbane. Alternatively there is also bus and train transport running daily from Sydney & Brisbane.
Such a great day out. We were collected from our accomodation by Chelsea and we were taken to some beautiful places in the region. The memories of swimming in Dangar falls will stay with me for a long time. Chelsea really made sure everyone in our group enjoyed the day and the food provided for morning tea and lunch was absolutely delicious. Can't wait to do another tour when I'm visiting Coffs again. Thanks Chelsea!
Rainforest & Waterfall Experience